<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Happy Feet

Oh my, what big feet we have!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Enter the photographers' room with caution:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Rabid creatures lurk within.

Some thoughts had been running through my mind like hyperactive hamsters on a wheel ever since I finished reading the novel, Perfume.

After two years of work creating the perfect perfume, which required the lives and essences of 24 virgin girls (in the movie it was 12), Grenuille had the world at his hands. The perfume was so intoxicating and powerful that it sent every person that had a whiff of it into throes of ecstasy.

As he stood before the mob that had gathered to witness his cruel execution and had the perfume work its magic, I could only imagine the described elation that he felt. For in that moment, he had arrived at his goal and destiny.

He could easily stand before the king and present himself as an angel, the new messiah. He could make any human being fall in love with him.

Unfortunately, his lack of humanity and lack of love meant that all of it was pointless.

Still, that moment of elation - I can only imagine how it might have felt.

As I thought of this, I'm suddenly reminded of the guy behind Borat. Before Ali G, Sascha Baron Cohen was a struggling host doing kids' shows. There was the clip of him trying so hard to get an interview with a celebrity, that he forgot all about what questions to ask when the bugger had finally relented.

The determination to succeed was unmistakable. It's almost close to desperation.

Now, with the global success of Borat - I can only imagine what he might have felt at the success. Was it short-lived, like the fictional case of Grenuille? Or perhaps it was a more succinct and quiet knowledge that he had finally reached his goals.

What would it be like to have arrived at your goals, and have the world turn its attention on you?

--

Apparently, Rita slammed her laptop after Calvin told her to take a shoot.

Now, this is not surprising because I know this particular feeling of anguish. I'm not sure what to call it. Maybe it's the natural human dislike of being ordered around. Each time it happened to me I gritted my teeth and treated it as a necessary evil.

The only thing different about today's incident is that it made me conscious of this process.

It had happened with almost anyone.

Leo had let loose a whole stream of hokkien expletives before grudgingly doing the shoot. Ling's face went black and he developed a bad mood for the rest of the day. Hamster would simply sound out that it's not her turn. Even J had a fleeting blackness pass his face when it happened to him.

Just an observation.

Managed to hit 6 chin-ups today. Pass already. 2 more to go!

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end