New Baby
Wow, has it been a week already?
Sigh.. after a week of non-stop crashing, I finally decided to build a new computer. It wasn't until late last night, after I had taken out all its innards and moved the video card to my old PC that it finally became clear that the problem was with the damned graphics card all along.
I could have saved the cash and just replace the card, but I think it's time to stop flogging the old horse. The CPU was bought when I had just started NS, which makes it about 4 years old. In computer terms, that's about 80 years old.
The parts for the new computer came to about $1400. Just about everything had changed since the last time I built a computer - now it's DDR2, SATA2, PCIe.. the works. What I didn't expect was that even the power supply specs had changed.. now there's ATX Ver. 2! That sent me on a second trip back to the store to get a new power supply.
Got everything fixed up and running smoothly. Vista installed and ran perfectly fine, but Aero wasn't all that impressive. The system felt like quite a monster. Quake 4 ran at 1240 x 960, High quality with no apparent lag at all. Even the loading times were almost non-existant. RAW files opened like JPEG files. It's gonna be a joy working on huge files now.
The last week had been pretty bad. I was getting burnt out at work. I was getting tired of working out. I was getting sick of everything. But I think I had recovered somewhat. At least, much of the anger had subsided.
There's no progress with her. It's quite difficult, which is expected. Am I aiming too high? I feel like giving up - not because I'm tired or lazy - but I worry that I might have become a nuisance. Hopefully the only time that I waste is my own.
Y'know, I do have quite a lot of good qualities, being fairly intelligent and multi-talented. But I always end up being my own worst enemy.
What am I still doing here at this miserable company? I should be sending out my resume, actively sourcing for greener pastures. Instead I'd been distracted, yet again. It's almost funny.
I just read Princess's latest entry. Y'noe, you are what you eat. All those extra calories had to go somewhere. I bet she's hitting 60 soon. I suddenly thought of her lumping me with her elder sister. Urgh.
Time to pull myself together.
Sigh.. after a week of non-stop crashing, I finally decided to build a new computer. It wasn't until late last night, after I had taken out all its innards and moved the video card to my old PC that it finally became clear that the problem was with the damned graphics card all along.
I could have saved the cash and just replace the card, but I think it's time to stop flogging the old horse. The CPU was bought when I had just started NS, which makes it about 4 years old. In computer terms, that's about 80 years old.
The parts for the new computer came to about $1400. Just about everything had changed since the last time I built a computer - now it's DDR2, SATA2, PCIe.. the works. What I didn't expect was that even the power supply specs had changed.. now there's ATX Ver. 2! That sent me on a second trip back to the store to get a new power supply.
Got everything fixed up and running smoothly. Vista installed and ran perfectly fine, but Aero wasn't all that impressive. The system felt like quite a monster. Quake 4 ran at 1240 x 960, High quality with no apparent lag at all. Even the loading times were almost non-existant. RAW files opened like JPEG files. It's gonna be a joy working on huge files now.
The last week had been pretty bad. I was getting burnt out at work. I was getting tired of working out. I was getting sick of everything. But I think I had recovered somewhat. At least, much of the anger had subsided.
There's no progress with her. It's quite difficult, which is expected. Am I aiming too high? I feel like giving up - not because I'm tired or lazy - but I worry that I might have become a nuisance. Hopefully the only time that I waste is my own.
Y'know, I do have quite a lot of good qualities, being fairly intelligent and multi-talented. But I always end up being my own worst enemy.
What am I still doing here at this miserable company? I should be sending out my resume, actively sourcing for greener pastures. Instead I'd been distracted, yet again. It's almost funny.
I just read Princess's latest entry. Y'noe, you are what you eat. All those extra calories had to go somewhere. I bet she's hitting 60 soon. I suddenly thought of her lumping me with her elder sister. Urgh.
Time to pull myself together.