<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Letting Everything Slide

So tired. So many things to do.

I really wish that I can be a little more glib. I wish that I can joke a little, be a little bit more interesting. But I'm not.

I feel like a chunk of wood sometimes. Just lumbering around, absorbed in my own thoughts. Thoughts that congeal and jam up my brain matter the moment I try to vocalize them - they end up coming out in little mumbled verses, in descending volume and tone. And I'd know that whoever I'm speaking to, can't hear me - and I'd try to raise my voice a little. And end up sounding like I'm shouting.

I would like to, you know, stop trying so hard. And just let everything slide.

My insecurities have taken a backseat in my mind. It's sitting there, not making much noise. But it's still there. A lurking, unwelcome passenger. I would like to pinch him up with a giant pair of clippers, and drop him off the roadside kicking and screaming.

Hell, that'd be a hoot.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end