One Down
Whew. Finally, after almost 2 weeks, the fashion section on the webbie is done. Now for the Personal section. Suddenly glad that I had some training in web design back in school.
A few weeks ago, I had to cover this 21st birthday bash. The girl's an athlete, so are most of her friends. So her mom was asking me repeatedly if I played any sports in school, and I thought for a bit and replied no, I don't. For a second and a half she looked at me funny.
For a second and a half there, I imagined her thinking, oh one of those who prefers to be comfortable, easily contented.
For the next second, I considered telling her that I played computer games competitively.
Then thought better of it.
--
Let's play pool. Sorry, I don't play pool. Nor basketball. Nor soccer. Nor badminton. I don't even know how to gamble.
I used to spend a gazillion hours behind a screen perfecting combos and strategies and whatever. Took part in competitions.
Blah.
A few weeks ago, I had to cover this 21st birthday bash. The girl's an athlete, so are most of her friends. So her mom was asking me repeatedly if I played any sports in school, and I thought for a bit and replied no, I don't. For a second and a half she looked at me funny.
For a second and a half there, I imagined her thinking, oh one of those who prefers to be comfortable, easily contented.
For the next second, I considered telling her that I played computer games competitively.
Then thought better of it.
--
Let's play pool. Sorry, I don't play pool. Nor basketball. Nor soccer. Nor badminton. I don't even know how to gamble.
I used to spend a gazillion hours behind a screen perfecting combos and strategies and whatever. Took part in competitions.
Blah.