Quick Notes
There's a trillion things to remember. Tiny details all jumbled up; a never-ending to-do list. Despite my best efforts to gather all these and ink out an inventory - they nonetheless elude me.
They start to pile up all around me.
All this senseless rubbish, little things that would scamper away the moment they get the chance.
Like vermin.
--
I'm eagerly keeping tabs on the upcoming Photokina show. There's a ton of hype building up around the new camera releases, and it's about time to retire my 30D.
Was talking eagerly to GG about the new cameras when she brought up the age-old notion that guys are always obsessed about the technical stuff, while girls tend to take pictures with their emotions.
It's so bloody irritating.
I can't help but think that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. A photographer without technical knowledge is like a chef who doesn't know which stock to use for a particular dish, or a nurse who doesn't know whether a scalpel or a pair of forceps is needed for a procedure. Or a painter who doesn't understand the different characteristics of oil and acrylic paint.
It just smacks of plain bloody laziness.
Technical ability alone isn't enough to make a great artist, but I think it's damn naive to believe that it's not important.
--
Heard a rumor today that's so crazy, it tickles.
I wonder if it's for the better or worse if they understood, that all I cared about is in a totally different universe altogether.
Really, I don't think it's about myself anyway.
They start to pile up all around me.
All this senseless rubbish, little things that would scamper away the moment they get the chance.
Like vermin.
--
I'm eagerly keeping tabs on the upcoming Photokina show. There's a ton of hype building up around the new camera releases, and it's about time to retire my 30D.
Was talking eagerly to GG about the new cameras when she brought up the age-old notion that guys are always obsessed about the technical stuff, while girls tend to take pictures with their emotions.
It's so bloody irritating.
I can't help but think that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. A photographer without technical knowledge is like a chef who doesn't know which stock to use for a particular dish, or a nurse who doesn't know whether a scalpel or a pair of forceps is needed for a procedure. Or a painter who doesn't understand the different characteristics of oil and acrylic paint.
It just smacks of plain bloody laziness.
Technical ability alone isn't enough to make a great artist, but I think it's damn naive to believe that it's not important.
--
Heard a rumor today that's so crazy, it tickles.
I wonder if it's for the better or worse if they understood, that all I cared about is in a totally different universe altogether.
Really, I don't think it's about myself anyway.