Noob.
Coming to the end of the first week of work. I think I learnt more here over the last few days then I did over a year at Nbyn. Mostly technical stuff and equipment.
Landed my paws on the 1Ds Mk3 to take some shots and practice with the Bron lights. There were no models to practice with, so I grabbed the next best thing:

The full-res jpeg can be found here.
I applied a dry paint filter during DI and it looks kind of crappy in 100% view now, but if you take a look at the lips and ears you can tell how much resolving power it has.
Strangely, I'm starting to appreciate wedding and rite-of-passage photos more now. It's just an entirely different sort of discipline.
Maybe I should try wildlife photography sometime.
Landed my paws on the 1Ds Mk3 to take some shots and practice with the Bron lights. There were no models to practice with, so I grabbed the next best thing:
The full-res jpeg can be found here.
I applied a dry paint filter during DI and it looks kind of crappy in 100% view now, but if you take a look at the lips and ears you can tell how much resolving power it has.
Strangely, I'm starting to appreciate wedding and rite-of-passage photos more now. It's just an entirely different sort of discipline.
Maybe I should try wildlife photography sometime.