Down and Out
Hell week.
All I could remember doing was waking up in the morning and shutting down at midnight.
In the midst of getting kicked around like a dog and getting yelled at for every single thing I did, I sat down and thought of how things were. I thought of the wages I used to earn, the amount of freedom I had and most of all, the basic respect I used to enjoy. I pondered the wisdom of getting myself into this situation.
I felt my sense of self being eroded away.
I desperately wanted someone - anyone - to believe in me, but instead the opposite is happening.
The fact is that the 3 years I had slogged away in Nbyn has amounted to nothing. It's not relevant and is even a source of embarrassment.
It makes me want to laugh.
Truly, the only thing I feel like doing is to crawl into a dark cave and disappear.
All I could remember doing was waking up in the morning and shutting down at midnight.
In the midst of getting kicked around like a dog and getting yelled at for every single thing I did, I sat down and thought of how things were. I thought of the wages I used to earn, the amount of freedom I had and most of all, the basic respect I used to enjoy. I pondered the wisdom of getting myself into this situation.
I felt my sense of self being eroded away.
I desperately wanted someone - anyone - to believe in me, but instead the opposite is happening.
The fact is that the 3 years I had slogged away in Nbyn has amounted to nothing. It's not relevant and is even a source of embarrassment.
It makes me want to laugh.
Truly, the only thing I feel like doing is to crawl into a dark cave and disappear.