<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

The Dumbest Thing

Felt really stupid today. The bill from Ave finally came in and I'm feeling the pinch.

Was it really worth it, I wondered. Anyone with some experience in the industry will say that it's money needlessly spent - to pay $400 for a test is simply too exorbitant.

On top of feeling totally dumb, I started to feel doubt seeping in. If I'm half decent at what I do, why I'm I forking out money to shoot, rather than making money from it? I can almost hear Heath Ledger hissing, "If you are good at something, never do it for free."

But a few minutes later I started to put things back into perspective. Despite doing photography for years, I'd only been doing the 'real' work for months. Forking out money is just a lazy way to avoid the sticky situation of asking (begging?) for test models. Because I have no rep or clout to bank on. So out comes the skinny (as opposed to fat; but at least it's not yet famished) wallet.

I think in the end it all boils down to the nose ring. And the fact that she's the (I know I'd said this like a million times) campaign girl for Benetton next year. Unfortunately the nose ring didn't turn up during the shoot and she's completely off form during the shoot - but that's beside the point.

The point is, at the time the decision was made, it totally made sense.

So yea. Pay up and don't complain so much.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end