<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Defeat

Sigh. Failed IPPT, literally by 10 centimeters. Surprisingly, didn't go good for running as well. It's weird to be first in the detail and yet failing by 5 seconds.

Basically, it's a case of too little, too late.

My legs were aching from the start, due to all the last minute training for SBJ. The blocked nose didn't help. And I was naive to think that 1 month or so of training would quickly make up for 2 years of inertia.

Sigh. What to do. It's depressing.

This kind of logic probably applies to life in general. I just don't think I'd been trying hard enough.

Another thing I've noticed that I'm starting to lose interest in finding company. I mean, it's like, getting to the point of being comfortable. And actually, is there anything wrong with that? Being comfortable with being alone?

It just seems like a hassle sometimes, you know. Getting interested in a girl, asking her out. Get laid. Probably not, but it's okay. Spend lotsa cash and time. Argue. Make up. Then probably she'll run off with another guy.

It's so mundane. And pointless. Why is it that so many people seem to make such a big deal out of it anyway? Or maybe it's just me - I've been making an necessary big deal out of it.

Oh well. Life goes on.

So, what I'm gonna do next is to continue fighting the good fight. Think on the bright side - free workouts and time off from work. If I can get a silver two years ago, I can do it again.

All I need, is a little bit more time, a little bit more effort, for that little bit more jumping power.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end