Shawshank
Just finished watching The Shawshack Redemption on TV.
I think it's the second time I watched it, and what can I say - it's such a great film. I never realized how much it influenced me until I watched it again. It illustrates some simple facts of life with such calm, elegant understatement that it makes what would otherwise seem corny feel powerful and true.
Through the narrative of a wrongfully convicted murderer and his escape that took 20 years to accomplish, it depicts determination, friendship, freedom and hope.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
It's a simple enough notion but it's so true. There are many things that can be accomplished in life. With freedom, you choose your own path. You can also choose to waste your life away, settle with mediocrity and never realize your dreams. Choose a goal to work towards, or choose to wallow in your existence.
No one chooses to be in this world. But with freedom, we can choose and shape what we want to be with this time that we are given.
If I send a letter every week, I don't believe that it cannot be done.
If I chip at a wall everyday, I believe that eventually I will make a hole to climb through.
At the moment, when I think of friendship, I think of Hamster. It had been more than a year since I knew this girl, and I realized that I'm starting to think of her as a younger sister I never had. You know, the one who drives you crazy once in a while but you can't help feeling protective over. Sometimes I just feel like telling her that hey, everything's gonna be alright. Don't fret, haha.
I sense that the time for us to part ways may be near. Probably within the next few months. But I hope very much that we will keep in touch, no matter what happens.
I think it's the second time I watched it, and what can I say - it's such a great film. I never realized how much it influenced me until I watched it again. It illustrates some simple facts of life with such calm, elegant understatement that it makes what would otherwise seem corny feel powerful and true.
Through the narrative of a wrongfully convicted murderer and his escape that took 20 years to accomplish, it depicts determination, friendship, freedom and hope.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
It's a simple enough notion but it's so true. There are many things that can be accomplished in life. With freedom, you choose your own path. You can also choose to waste your life away, settle with mediocrity and never realize your dreams. Choose a goal to work towards, or choose to wallow in your existence.
No one chooses to be in this world. But with freedom, we can choose and shape what we want to be with this time that we are given.
If I send a letter every week, I don't believe that it cannot be done.
If I chip at a wall everyday, I believe that eventually I will make a hole to climb through.
At the moment, when I think of friendship, I think of Hamster. It had been more than a year since I knew this girl, and I realized that I'm starting to think of her as a younger sister I never had. You know, the one who drives you crazy once in a while but you can't help feeling protective over. Sometimes I just feel like telling her that hey, everything's gonna be alright. Don't fret, haha.
I sense that the time for us to part ways may be near. Probably within the next few months. But I hope very much that we will keep in touch, no matter what happens.