<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Story

Went out shopping today. There seemed so many things I wanted to buy, but I had to keep a tight rein on my spending. So I just bought two fragrances and a new wallet.

I wanted to buy new shirts, pants, shoes, belt - just about everything! But nope, no can do. I almost bought this book on impulse, called The God Delusion, which is basically about how the belief in God is illogical and can even *gasp* be harmful to society.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

I stood there leafing through the pages for a good few minutes, intrigued by its audacity and sharing its insights. It reflected some of my own thoughts and beliefs, albeit in much more intellectual terms and sophisticated language. I grabbed the book and went to the counter, where the sales clerk was taking forever to help this European dude find some kind of hiking map.

I waited. And waited. Then, taking it as a divine sign telling me to save the cash, I placed it back to where I found it and left. Talk about irony.

I bought Kenzo's Flower, for Mom's birthday present, and Paul Smith's Story, for myself. Mom was ecstatic when I gave her the perfume - apparently she wanted to buy it previously but decided not to spend the money - so it was great.

I'm not sure what made me buy Story. The only thing it reminded me of, is old fashioned, cheap, clean soap. I was thinking, I just spent a hundred bucks to smell like soap. But there's something about the whole image that perhaps reached to me on an unconscious level, because when I got back and checked out its website I was like woah, it's totally me.

The inspiration for the scent was books. I didn't even realize the bottle was shaped like a book. It's a geeky scent. Designed for intellectuals and writers. A reviewer adds, if you liked Kenzo Air, you'd like this too. Yep, I definitely like it!

Can't wait to wear it tomorrow. It just smells so clean and fresh. Makes me wanna grab a pair of those geeky glasses as well, just like the ad.

Spent the rest of the evening playing Warcraft 3. It's good to visit my roots once in a while.

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end