Deconstruction
The domain for my website has expired - the webhost seem to have vanished altogether - and it had been a month since I had a workout.
It feels as though I'm going through a sort of deconstruction. Things that I once worked hard for - a decent physique, a decent website to showcase my work, a decent whatever - have all started to crumble away.
I'm tempted to think of it as a sort of cleansing. I'm not sure how to explain this but it is not as negative as it sounds.
As the Chinese proverb goes, there's always a higher plane beyond the current level.
Because the quality expected was so low, and because there were nobody to learn from - books and experimentation became the only source of knowledge. As such I picked up a ton of bad habits along the way and the learning curve was extremely steep - limited by what little I was exposed to.
I know now that I have made the right choice because if I haven't, I would not have realized this.
Is it unfortunate? Maybe. I wasted a few good years.
But everyone's path is different. If there was no hardship and failure, will there really be success?
It feels as though I'm going through a sort of deconstruction. Things that I once worked hard for - a decent physique, a decent website to showcase my work, a decent whatever - have all started to crumble away.
I'm tempted to think of it as a sort of cleansing. I'm not sure how to explain this but it is not as negative as it sounds.
As the Chinese proverb goes, there's always a higher plane beyond the current level.
Because the quality expected was so low, and because there were nobody to learn from - books and experimentation became the only source of knowledge. As such I picked up a ton of bad habits along the way and the learning curve was extremely steep - limited by what little I was exposed to.
I know now that I have made the right choice because if I haven't, I would not have realized this.
Is it unfortunate? Maybe. I wasted a few good years.
But everyone's path is different. If there was no hardship and failure, will there really be success?