<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8980944255902395412?origin\x3dhttps://br3ndan.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Last Christmas

Out of randomness I started browsing through Jess's photo albums on Facebook and came across a picture of us taken in front of the big X'Mas tree at UOB building last year.

The same tree has been set up there now.

I'm amazed at the clarity of the memory - I can still place myself at the balmy weekend evening when the workers started putting together the display. A few weeks later, we were having our D&D at an outdoor restaurant in East Coast.

It was pouring that day. I can still smell the barbecued food, how everyone was reluctant to dance - unlike the previous year - god, how things have taken an about-turn in 365 days.

For the record, the company is going to be temporarily closed from next year onwards, supposedly until May.

For all the negativity that I have expressed towards the place, it was nevertheless an extremely enjoyable job, with good people, great friends and a simple, timeless routine that's difficult to be experienced elsewhere.

As the fight against the tempest reaches its crescendo (I hope. Can things worsen?), I realized that I have little regrets in the grander scheme of things.

P/S: Did something crazy today. Shall have to elaborate at a later date..

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end